Table of Contents
About Sam Altman
Sam Altman whose full real name is Samuel Harris Altman is a very inspiring and popular American entrepreneur and investor. He is serving as the CEO of OpenAI. He is one of the 100 most influential people in the world.
On November 17, 2023, He was fired as the CEO of OpenAI and the reason was he was not honest with the board members.
On November 20, Microsft officially announced that They are about to hire Sam Altman and Greg Brockman to lead its AI research and development team.
On November 22, Sam Altman announced that He will return back in OpenAI.
Sam Altman ( Born on April 22, 1985, in Chicago, Illinois, USA) is 38 years old with around 6 feet and 0 inches tall in height. As of 2023, Sam’s total net worth is roughly between $500 million to $800 million.
Sam Altman studied at John Burroughs School. In the year 2005, He studied at Stanford University. He studied computer science for 1 year and dropped out from Stanford. In the year 2017, He got an official honorary Doctor of Engineering degree from the University of Waterloo.
Marriage Relationship & Partner
Sam Altman is openly gay. For almost nine years, He dated Nick Sivo, the co-founder of Loopt. They separated in the year 2012. As of writing, He is in a romantic love relationship with Oliver Mulherin, an Australian software engineer.
Did You Know?
- Sam Altman was the co-founder of Loopt.
- At first, He used to work at Y Combinator on a part-time basis. Later, He was the president of Y Combinator.
- He was briefly the CEO of Reddit just for eight days.
- After the success of ChatGPT, As a celebration, In May 2023, He made a world tour covering 22 countries.
- Sam Altman’s first computer was an Apple Macintosh. He was just eight years old when he got his first computer.
- For him, Growing up, one of the most influential people was Steve Jobs.
- At the age of nineteen years old, in the year 2005, He co-founded Loopt, a location-based social networking mobile application.
- In the year 2012, His company, Loopt was acquired by the Green Dot Corporation for $43.4 million.
- During his active work on Loopt, he suffered from Scurvy, a disease resulting from a lack of vitamin C.
- Sam Altman has been a pure vegetarian since childhood.
- He owns a weekend home in Napa, California.
Biography & Wiki Quick Summary
|Profession||Entrepreneur & Investor|
|Net Worth (2023)||between $500 million to $800 million (Roughly Estimated)|
|Residence||San Francisco’s Russian Hill neighborhood|
|Age||38 years old (2023)|
|Wife & Children||N/A|
|Parents||Connie Gibstine (mother). His mom is a professional dermatologist.|
|Siblings||Jack Altman (brother)|
|Educational Qualification||Dropped out|
Read more to learn more
Read the full biography of Ani Choying Drolma
Read the full biography of Alexandr wang
Social Media Presence
His official Instagram has more than 5,993 followers and more than 1.9M Followers on his Twitter.
Instagram = https://www.instagram.com/sama/
Twitter = https://twitter.com/sama