Table of Contents
Who is Navid Afkari? Biography & Wiki
Navid Afkari was an Iranian wrestler who was executed by the government of the Islamic Republic of Iran for an alleged murder during anti-government protests in 2018. He was born in 1993 in Shiraz, Iran. As of 2023, he was 27 years old at the time of his death with 5 feet 10 inches tall in height. He initially refused all the charges against him and pleaded not guilty but extreme torture by the government officials made him accept all the charges.
Why is Navid Afkari Trending?
Navid Afkari is trending because of his execution by the Iranian Government on the morning of September 12, 2020. He further trended because the US President Trump also requested the Iranian government to stop the execution. The charges against him were insulting the leader, spreading propaganda against the Islamic Republic, disturbing public order, organizing a group, participating in protests, and murder of security agents. All the International media have opposed the move of him being executed and there must be some sanctions against the Iranian Government Officials coming by the International community. (9/13, 2020 Update)
Biography & Wiki
|Full Real Name||N/A|
|Age at time of his death||27 years|
|Height||5 feet 10 inches|
Some facts about Navid Afkari
- Navid was a professional wrestler.
- He was in remand since 2018 and his brothers Habib and Vahid have accused the Iranian Government of torturing and forcefully making him confess for the criminal charges.
- He is the son of Hossein Afkari and Bahieh Namjoo.
- His brothers Vahid, and Habib are also sentenced to imprisonment of 27 and 54 years for similar charges.
- He was executed in Adel-Abad Prison in Shiraz, Iran.
- He was charged with the murder of a security guard named Hasan Torkman.
- UFC president, Dana White, also pleaded not to execute him.
- Mr. Trump faced a backlash from Iranian officials saying that Trump has put thousands of patient’s lives in danger because of sanctions and how he can worry about the life of a murderer.
- If the family of the victim, Hasan, would have forgiven Navid, the death sentence would not have been given by the Chief Justice.
- Interestingly Navid was given two death sentences, one for the murder charge, and one for enmity against God.
Other Quick information
Body measurements: N/A
Birth Place: Shiraz, Iran
Date of Birth (Birthday): 1993
Date of Death: September 12, 2020
Net Worth (2023): N/A
Education Qualification: N/A
Father Name: Hossein Afkari
Mother Name: Bahieh Namjoo
Brother Name: Habib, Vahid
Sister Name: N/A
Marital status: N/A
Relationship status: N/A
Girlfriend Name: N/A
Wife Name: N/A
Son Name: N/A
Daughter Name: N/A
Facebook Account: YES
Instagram Account: YES
Twitter Account: YES
Movies & Tv-series: N/A
Tiktok username: N/A
Read more to learn more
Read the biography of Aria DiMezzo
Read the biography of Dr. Li Meng Yan
Official Social Sites