Freelancer in Nepal | company registration, PAN, VAT, TDS, customers bill, income tax

freelancer in nepal

Freelancer in Nepal – Question

I want to work as a freelancer in Nepal without registering any company. But if I need to give my customers a valid bill, how can I do that? I have a personal PAN.


In Nepal, Anyone can without registration as well. You just need to get registered at the Tax Office. You also can work as a contractor but 15% will be deducted as TDS and top of that you will need to pay additional income tax at the end of the financial year. I would advise you to talk with an Accountant or Auditors who can give you expert advice. I have been working with Corporate Services Pvt. Ltd. and highly recommend them for any accounting and legal advice.

You can get Personal PAN and work as a contractor. TDS rate varies depending on the type of work, but I highly doubt 15% for most of the profession. TDS is paid by the person who hired you. As per my understanding, TDS for the non-pan holder is 15%, for pan holder tax is determined by yearly income i.e. 1% or 1.5% for up to 4lacs. Professionals such as lawyers generally have their own personal VAT.

You can find provision for this in the Income Tax Act. also, read this one

Read more to learn more

underrated Digital Marketing Channel in Nepal. CLICK

SEO in Nepal | points that should be careful in google website ranking. CLICK

Share with others

Notify of
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments